- On Ken Kifer's site:
- Dedicated Bikeways If we're going to build bikeways, let's
build ones that reduce accidents and that are going to be used.
- On John Franklin's site:
of cycle paths. Milestones in the introduction and evolution of paths for
cyclists in Europe and the USA
path safety. A summary of research world-wide.
- On the Bicycling Life Site
Bicyclists in the USA by Dr. William Moritz. Includes a survey of relative
risks on various types of facilities
Survey of North American Bicycle Commuters, by Dr. William Moritz.
Factors for Bicycle-Motor Vehicle Collisions at Intersections by Alan Wachtel
and Diana Lewiston
- Bernd Sluka (In German)
auf Radwegen? Now also in English: (Un)safe on Sidepaths?
- Some examples of what pass for bicycle facilities around the world!
Scotland -- page by Andrew Battye and Stewart Russell
- Glasgow, Scotland -- page by Stewart Russell
(London) England -- page by Croydon Cycling Campaign
Germany -- along Danube river, by Bernd Sluka (in German)
- Bonn, Germany -- Reuterstraße, by Wolfgang Ströbl
and Paris -- photos by Alan Forkosh
England -- by Fred Pipes
- About bike lanes
- Tom Revay, Bike Lane
- Wayne Pein, critique of bike lane v. wide curb lane study
- About blue lanes
- Analysis of Portland blue lane study by John Forester
- Portland Blue Lane Study (FHWA version)
- Portland blue lane study (Portland version, longer, with
effusive introduction and more diagrams)
Boston page on intersections
- Eugene, Oregon blue lane
- About traffic signal actuators:
- Article by Alan
Wachtel, "Re-Evaluating Signal Detector Loops" in pdf format
by Steven Goodridge, "Detection of Bicycles by Quadrapole Loops at
Demand-Actuated Traffic Signals"
- Bikeplan Source article, "Traffic
Wachtel's analysis of California bicycle laws -- a detailed look at special
"keep right" and bike lane laws. Now with footnotes!
- About lights and reflectors
Schubert's article on how reflectors work/don't work
- John Forester
on the CPSC nighttime equipment regulations
- The door zone
- Riin's Rants,
list of door zone crashes and advice for cyclists
- John Schubert on
the Shoal Creek Boulevard (Austin\, Texas) proposal.
- Bike boxes
Moeur's observations in a paper he delivered to the Institute of
Transportation Engineers in 1999.
- Eugene, Oregon bike
box report -- TRB version
Eugene, Oregon bike box report -- FHWA version, includes questionable labeling of bicycle-motor vehicle interaction as "conflict" (page 14).
- Eugene, Oregon resources
- City of Eugene bicycling information page